Saturday, July 4, 2009

HAPPINESS....JUST DOING RIGHT

Just another day ends in my life;
Should I say, I lost four-and-twenty hours,
Or should I say, I got beautiful flowers?
Hearings at the Courts end in a strife.
Should I call them partial trials,
Or should I look for gains among denials?

Tell me Lord, tell me the truth,
It would be the greatest blessing on thee.
Is it partial like the human race?
Or is it evergreen, blessed by your grace?
The Skies, Rain, or the setting Sun,
By which of these modes is happiness best described?

To achieve is to succeed, They say,
But when did success ever sow such seeds,
Seeds of sorrow, seeds of jealousy,
Rendering passive all feels of ecstasy.
Are material possessions a reason to be happy,
Or internal satisfaction; I do not know?

Show me the way to happiness,Or the way to victory.
Rather show me the way to righteousness,
Lord.Right is the way in which unfolds destiny,
And it is what makes one happy.
Lord, I don’t find a reason for an apathy.





No comments:

Post a Comment